On November 2, 2016 all of the Basic Manners Group class students and their dogs earned a Novice Trick Dog (NTD) title via the Kyra Sundance Do More With Your Dog program at Michigan Dog Training in Plymouth, Michigan. Â To qualify for the NTD, dogs demonstrated at least fifteen different tricks which they learned during the group class in addition to Basic Manners such as sit, come, down, stay, walk on a loose leash, and more. Some of the tricks included; doggy push-ups, hand signals of three behaviors, heeling at left side with an automatic sit, kennel up, peekaboo, spin circles, nose touch and more.
MDT believes in making group dog training classes fun. Â That’s why dog tricks are inter-mixed with obedience commands in all of our obedience classes. Â The dogs learn good manners and their owners have fun showing off their dog’s performance tricks. And, many MDT trained dogs later go on to become Therapy Dogs. Dogs who have tricks in their repertorie will delight hospital patients, senior citizens and others.
Congratulations to the following dog teams:
- Mary Garnett and Saoirse, Labrador Retriever of Northville, Michigan
- Eric Rinke and Duke, Sheepdog/Border Collie mix of Plymouth, Michigan
- Alex Dixon and Winnie, Golden Retriever of Plymouth, Michigan
- Paul DePalma and Nala, Pitbull mix of Plymouth, Michigan
- Katie Fisher and Marlene, Plott Hound mix of Plymouth, Michigan