AKC ADVANCED CANINE GOOD CITIZEN
Congratulations, you’ve taught your dog basic and intermediate obedience skills. Your next set of goals is to have a rock solid obedient dog who can:
- Maintain a down stay three feet away from other dogs,
- Pass other dog teams in a narrow hallway,
- Lay down or come back to you despite chasing something such as a toy, cat or squirrel (capping the drive),
- Lay down at a distance while returning to you (this is helpful if your dog is on the other side of the street and you want your dog to lay down instead of returning to you and risk being hit by a car),
- Sit and down out of motion while you continue walking forward to greet someone,
- Heel tightly beside you looking up at you as you’ve seen competition dogs do,
Book Online for the next available class start date.
At the end of the class, you can test for the American Kennel Club’s Canine Good Citizen Advanced (CGCA) title. Testing is free for students. Dogs must already have a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) title. To participate, your dog should:
- Be 4 months of age or older
- Have completed Intermediate Manners or E-Collar Training class
- Be friendly toward other dogs and people (green light dog).