Whether you agree with President Trumpâ€™s Key Cabinet Appointees or not; it is interesting to watch the selection and confirmation process. It would be interesting to know how President Trump goes about making his selections. How much of the decision process is related to the personâ€™s skill sets and prior experience? Was the person crucial in supporting his bid for the presidency or was he willing to consider those who did not? Are they like minded or willing to question each other for the greater good? And, the confirmation process, what are their agendas in asking specific questions? Is it to further their own agenda or is it truly to ensure the right person is confirmed for the position?
So too itâ€™s crucial to consider each family memberâ€™s agenda, skills, and prior experience when selecting a new dog or puppy. Will the right puppy or dog be confirmed to best suit the familyâ€™s lifestyle? Are the family members like-minded or willing to listen and compromise on important issues such as:
- Is this the right time to bring a new dog or puppy into the home?
- Why are we getting a dog or puppy?
- Should we adopt or purchase our new family member?
- Should we get a puppy or an adult dog? Male or female?
- What breed of dog will best fit our lifestyle?
- Is it a â€œshouldâ€ that we get a puppy or dog or is it a â€œmustâ€ decision? (To be fair to the dog, it must be a â€œmust decision.â€)
- Who will be the primary care takers?
- Who will train the dog?
- Where will we take our dog for dog training?
- How will we properly socialize our new loved one?
- Who else will take care of our dog and in what way?
- If there are children, are they mature enough to interact safely with a dog?
- How will the puppy or dog impact and add value to our life?
- How will we add value to our petâ€™s life?
- Who will be our veterinarian?
- Can we afford the financial cost of a puppy or dog? (purchase price, training, veterinarian, food, grooming, boarding when away on vacations, etc)
- Do we have enough time to spend with our puppy or dog?
So, who are your dogâ€™s Key Cabinet Appointees? Do they want the job(s)? And, how will the family (department) carry out the mission and value of bringing a new puppy or dog into the home? And, what are the other considerations your family must consider before obtaining a new family member? Please comment below.