- Sit-stay & down-stay with harder distractions and distance,
- Come despite harder distractions and distance,
- Go to a predesignated “place” on cue,
- Calmly greet another dog team and other items on the American Kennel Club’s Canine Good Citizen (CGC) evaluation.
Sorry but refunds for classes are not possible with less than 7 days prior notification to the class start date. Hurry, don’t delay as classes fill up fast.
What to bring to class?
- If your dog is a new student, please bring a copy of your dog’s vaccination verification (DHPP, Bordetella and Rabies) and a negative fecal test result within the last six months to the first night of class. Dogs cannot attend class without verification.
- Soft food treats your puppy or dog enjoys
- A hungry puppy/dog
Book Online for the next available class start date.
On the last night of class, students and their dogs will be evaluated (if so desired) for the Canine Good Citizen title. The evaluation is free for MDT students ($20 for non-students). With a passing score, you can send in the paperwork to receive an AKC Title (dogs must be AKC registered). Registration is available for purebreds, purebreds with unknown pedigree (Purebred Alternative Listing), and for mixed breeds (Canine Partner Listing).
The Canine Good Citizen Title has ten components:
- Accepting a friendly stranger
- Sitting politely for petting
- Clean appearance and allows grooming
- Walking on a loose leash
- Walking through a crowd of at least three people
- Sit and down on command
- Coming when called from 20 feet away
- Reaction to another dog, dog teams approach each other, stop, and shake hands while the dogs do not interact with each other
- Reaction to distractions
- Supervised separation