- Maintain a down stay three feet away from other dogs,
- Pass other dog teams in a narrow hallway,
- Lay down or come back to you despite chasing something such as a toy, cat or squirrel (capping the drive),
- Lay down at a distance while returning to you (this is helpful if your dog is on the other side of the street and you want your dog to lay down instead of returning to you and risk being hit by a car),
- Sit and down out of motion while you continue walking forward to greet someone,
- Heel tightly beside you looking up at you as you’ve seen competition dogs do,
- Learn advanced tricks to perform during therapy dog visits, etc.
Sorry but refunds for classes are not possible with less than 7 days prior notification to the class start date. Hurry, don’t delay as classes fill up fast.
What to bring to class?
- If your dog is a new student, please bring a copy of your dog’s vaccination verification (DHPP, Bordetella and Rabies) and a negative fecal test result within the last six months to the first night of class. Dogs cannot attend class without verification.
- Soft food treats your dog enjoys
- A hungry dog
Book online for the next available Advanced Manners Class.
At the end of the class, you can test for the American Kennel Club’s Canine Good Citizen Advanced (CGCA) title. Testing is free for students ($20 charge for nonstudents). Dogs must already have a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) title. To participate, your dog should:
- Be 4 months of age or older
- Have completed Intermediate Manners or E-Collar Training class
- Be friendly toward other dogs and people (green light dog).